REVIEW: Shinny Brown / Puffy 3 Tones Brown Lens

Loving how comfortable the Puffy 3 Tones Grey were, I recently repurchased them in brown. It was a really good decision as I am in love with this series/range of lenses!

Shinny Grey / Puffy 3 Tones Brown 
Life span: 1 Year
Base curve: 8.6mm
Diameter: 14.5mm
Water content: 38%

Enlargement: 3.5/5
At 14.5mm in diameters, I reckon they don't look as big as other lenses of the "same" diameter.

Colour & Design: 4.5/5
For some reason, these lenses remind me of twilight eyes haha. They're more honey then they are brown, and like the Puffy 3 Tones Grey look nicer in flash photography. There is a soft and thin dark brown rim around the outer circle of the lens and a gold/orangey-red inner rim. In between the two, depending on the lighting, the main lens colour is a dark orangey-yellow / yellowy-green.

The pattern isn't too pixilated, although looks a bit streaky in some lighting.

Comfort: 5/5
I've been wearing these lens for the past week whilst working at the Australian Open, sometimes for more than 12 hours depending on my shift. Thank god they are comfortable, or else I wouldn't be able to see! 4 of those days Melbourne has experienced a heat wave (40ºC/104ºF), so they only discomfort I've had with these are the normal dry eyes (from the heat/wind). Besides the dry eyes, sometimes I forget that I'm wearing them! I aways carry eye drops with me and used them every now and then. So, no itching, sliding, or wanting to rip them out.

Overall: 4.5/5
I love these lenses!! Definitely comfortable but they do look a bit funny without any makeup (I've been going fresh face to work). I do wish these were more of a dark brown than honey-ish.

xx

No lens
Comparison
Window light / natural day light 
Indoor light
Flash

2 comments:

  1. Your reviews are always very informative and thorough! Thanks for sharing your thoughts ^^ I might buy these ones.. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KLN,
    You're welcome, I'm glad you find my reviews helpful! Let me know how you go if you do end up getting them! (They're super comfy!)

    x

    ReplyDelete